Friday, November 27, 2015

We are What We Nurture!

Time and again, when I read about some bad news I get into thoughts about why someone does something wrong. Is it the type of environment they are brought up in that they don't realize it is bad or are they angry with the society that they don't care for others? Whatever the reason they might have got I still believe nothing justifies for someone to do terrible things to other person.

I happened to take office cab in the evening few days back and sadly I was the only one that day in the cab. Driver was driving fine but there was a two wheeler ahead and he horned twice so that he gives some space. Out of nowhere the rider got angry, stopped his vehicle. Abused the driver, pulled him out of his seat and hit him. I was in shock about what was happening. Since it was a Tempo Traveler, I could not even see the vehicle number and glad that few people came and made these two start moving.
I wonder why was he so aggressive, what was the need for him to actually beat another person without him doing any mistake.
I asked my cab driver why didn't he take down his bike number or beat him back. He said, these things keep happening ma'am and they are like rowdies. I don't want to get into fights and lose my job.

I was having a conversation with another cab driver few days ago and I happened to tell him this above incident, and then our conversation started. He told me how he used to be short tempered and has fought with many people on road, and he has even spent whole day in jail. There I stopped him and asked why would you do that, why get into fights unnecessarily. He said "my dad worked in KSTRC, he was good man, Married my mom who was of different caste and hence we had no relatives. Everyone were against us, but we were a happy family. After few years we met with accident where only I and my brother survived. I was basically angry with everyone and did not know what to do of with my life, but had to lead it.
Since I did not know how to channelize my anger I used to get into all these fights. But since 3 years I’m calm. I know I can't afford to go to jail or get hurt. I have a brother, who looks up to me now and I should make sure he gets the education I didn't.

Talking to these people and after some introspection, only one thing I can conclude is If we want to be good, we will be no matter what. And hey being good here I refer only about not hurting anyone else physically. As being good by nature differs with each ones perspective, lets not even go there.
Only we can nurture the goodness in us. How much ever others influence us in a good or bad way, it’s up to us to choose what we want to be. 


What do you think?

1 comment:

  1. Losing temper is not gonna solve any problems but aggravates it .very good post ashwini .

    Do check out my unisex fashion blog
    .
http://n-street.blogspot.in/


    XOXO
    
NEENA

    ReplyDelete