Tuesday, March 17, 2015

My Inspiration!

We have all heard from our teachers or leaders say that we should work in a team to get better results. Team work is good but in life you will have to do most of the things on your own. It is you who can help yourself achieve what you want. But I personally feel it is good to have someone with us in that journey to talk to or #lookup to. So here is my story on the same thought for www.housing.com.

I have been a good student who scored more than average marks in school and got into good colleges without any major hurdles. I’m also favorite kid to parents who is good in sports and cultural activities too. Now I have got a good job through which I’m leading a decent livelihood.
But if I just pause and think through, there are so many instances where in I always had my brother playing a major role inspiring me or just being there as my support system.


Let me take you back to my 10th standard, when I had just moved to Bangalore and joined a not so well known school here. Already Being a State level Badminton player, I was really excited to play from scratch (Taluk level) representing my school. But guess what the school did not have any female badminton players and I somehow trained two of my friends few days before the matches would start.

It was the match day and we all visited the venue. Since I was new to Bangalore, I took my brother along with me. All the Matches started and in ours singles I won first two matches in first set and then my friend had to play. She lost and then doubles we lost too for obvious reasons! I was shattered and started crying out loud, this is the first time I remember crying because of an emotion. If not my brother, I would have been more depressed and wouldn't concentrate on my studies as well, the crucial point of one’s life is SSCL as our parents say. He was just there with me telling me this is not the final and this is for my own good.

Though I did not get to play Badminton for Taluk or district level that year, I became the second topper in my school and got admit in Christ College. If I had to handle that situation myself, I don’t know how long I would have taken to let go of my failure. There are n number of situations like this where my brother was always with me no matter what just to support and inspire me to do well.


With him #Together I believe I will achieve all that I dream of.

--Spread a smile today!

No comments:

Post a Comment